Wednesday, March 6, 2013

King Peter II's funeral

Queen Alexandra

King Peter II


Queen Marie, consort of Alexander I  All three photos are from my private collection

Last week I received an invitation to attend the State Funeral for King Peter II, Queen Alexandra and Queen Marie on May 26 at the Royal Family Mausoleum at Oplenac.  I have accepted the invitation, and I look forward to my third visit to Serbia.


Flight already booked -- CheapoAir was better than Expedia (and one connection -D.C. to Frankfurt and then to Belgrade. ) I will have a six hour layover (if my flight arrives on time, and I plan on having breakfast in Mainz (quick train trip from the airport.)

I am happy to say that my readers are clicking on links and buying items from Amazon through my search boxes and direct links.  Thank you.  Please keep it up (especially the American Amazon) as everything I earn between now and May will go toward the trip.  This also applies to my  Kindle article: The Gleichens: the Unknown Royal Cousins and A Bride for Boris.   Although I only have links for the US, UK and German Kindles, please be assured that if you live in the other countries where Amazon operates, you can order through through the Kindle stores (and I make a few pennies for each sale.)  The articles is is English.

Here are the Kindle links for the other countries, where you can purchase the article for your Kindle.  This does include Canada.

BRAZIL


http://www.amazon.com.br/The-Gleichens-Unknown-Cousins-ebook/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362608144&sr=1-4

CANADA


http://www.amazon.ca/Gleichens-Royal-Cousins-book/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362608221&sr=1-4

FRANCE


http://www.amazon.fr/The-Gleichens-Unknown-Cousins-ebook/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362608363&sr=1-6


GERMANY



ITALY


http://www.amazon.it/The-Gleichens-Unknown-Cousins-ebook/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362608885&sr=1-6

JAPAN


http://www.amazon.co.jp/The-Gleichens-Unknown-Cousins-ebook/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362608990&sr=1-4


SPAIN1


http://www.amazon.es/The-Gleichens-Unknown-Cousins-ebook/dp/B007QYVSUO/ref=sr_1_7?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362609100&sr=1-7


The links for the US and UK Kindles are in the top text boxes on the right side of this blog (and also on RBN- Royal Book News.)  If you do not have a Kindle, you can order the articles through Paypal.  The links are on the right side.

Yes, this is Shameless Promotion but for a very good cause.  It there are no extra fees or charges when you purchase books and other items through my Amazon stores, Search boxes or links.  Amazon shares its great wealth with the "advertisers."  It may be a few cents or a few dollars, depending on the cost of the item, that dribbles down to me.  It does add up.  

Amazon sells a lot of things ... you can get water filters or irons or music or DVDs or sneakers or sex toys or pet supplies or garden gnomes or food.   In order for me to earn those pennies, you do need to go through my links or Search boxes or Stores. 

No comments: